Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC)
1679 Clearlake Rd, Cocoa, 32922, FL
The Florida Solar Energy Center®(FSEC®), is the state’s premier energy research institution. Created by the Florida Legislature in 1975 to advance research, development and education in the solar energy, FSEC’s focus includes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable transportation research, demonstration, and education.
FSEC® is administered by the University of Central Florida and is located in Cocoa, Florida.
FSEC® has more than 45 years of experience in renewable energy systems and building science. The Center is made up of professionals with expertise in solar, engineering, energy research, building science, energy and policy analysis, as well as education and training.
Research at FSEC® is based on field monitoring, computer simulations, and controlled experiments in highly-instrumented laboratories. As a result of FSEC's extensive research capabilities, its programs are nationally and internationally recognized, and include:
• High Performance Buildings
• Solar Technologies• Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
• Energy Systems and Storage
• K-12 Education and Continuing Education
Feel free to visit our website at https://energyresearch.ucf.edu/. The team at FSEC look forward to supporting all American-Made Challenges participants.
Participants in Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC)
- CMCapabilities: Marketing & Promotion, Legal, Insurance, and Public Policy, Strategy, Business Development & Commercialization, Funding & Investments
- EMCapabilities: Marketing & Promotion, Funding & Investments, Business Development & Commercialization, Manufacturing, Product Design, Product Development, Strategy
- SSCapabilities: Marketing & Promotion, Strategy, Product Design, Software Development, Funding & Investments, Product Development, Business Development & Commercialization