FSEC Energy Research Center (FSEC-ERC)
1679 Clearlake Rd, Cocoa, 32922, FL
FSEC Energy Research Center (FSEC-ERC), also known as the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC), is the state’s premier energy research center. Created by the Florida Legislature in 1975 to test and certify solar systems, FSEC ERC is administered by the University of Central Florida (UCF). As a result of FSEC-ERC’s extensive research capabilities increasing throughout the years, the center outgrew its solar name. The Center is rebranding its research as the FSEC Energy Research Center-at the University of Central Florida-to more accurately reflect its research, capabilities, and university affiliation. Although energy research programs and projects have changed throughout the years, FSEC-ERC’s mission remains the same. “Research and develop energy technologies that enhance Florida’s and the nation’s economy and environment and to educate the public, students and practitioners on the results of the research.
FSEC-ERC has more than 40 years of experience in renewable energy systems and building science. The Center is made up of professionals with expertise in solar, engineering, energy research, building science, energy and policy analysis, as well as education and training.
Research at FSEC-ERC is based on field monitoring, computer simulations, and controlled experiments in highly-instrumented laboratories. As a result of FSEC-ERC’s extensive research capabilities, its programs are nationally and internationally recognized, and include:
• High Performance Buildings
• Solar Technologies• Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
• Energy Systems and Storage
• K-12 Education and Continuing Education
The team at FSEC-ERC looks forward to supporting all American-Made Challenges participants.
Participants in FSEC Energy Research Center (FSEC-ERC)
- CMCapabilities: Marketing & Promotion, Legal, Insurance, and Public Policy, Strategy, Business Development & Commercialization, Funding & Investments
- EMCapabilities: Marketing & Promotion, Funding & Investments, Business Development & Commercialization, Manufacturing, Product Design, Product Development, Strategy
- SSCapabilities: Marketing & Promotion, Strategy, Product Design, Software Development, Funding & Investments, Product Development, Business Development & Commercialization